Are your beloved AirPods Pro starting to look a bit worse for wear? Do you notice a decrease in sound quality or discomfort when wearing them? If so, it might be time to give them some much-needed TLC.
So, How to clean your AirPods Pro and make them feel brand new again? It’s simpler than you might think. In just a few easy steps, you can remove dirt, grime, and earwax that may have accumulated over time.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive into the world of AirPods Pro care and keep your audio experience top-notch
How to Clean Your AirPods Pro?
AirPods Pro are not just earphones; they are a gateway to immersive audio experiences.
To ensure they continue to deliver premium sound quality and comfort, it’s crucial to keep them clean.
We will walk you through the steps to How to Clean Your AirPods Pro, so you can enjoy crystal-clear sound every time you use them.
Read: Why are my airpods so quiet even after cleaning?
Cleaning your AirPods Pro: Gather Your Tools
Before cleaning, gather the necessary tools to make the process efficient. You’ll need:
- A microfiber cloth
- A soft-bristle brush or toothbrush
- Cotton swabs
- Isopropyl alcohol (70% or lower)
- A small bowl
- Warm water
Get to Brushing
Once you’ve gathered your cleaning tools, it’s time to start the cleaning process.
- Begin by gently removing the ear tips and speaker mesh from your AirPods Pro.
- Ear Tips Cleaning: Soak the ear tips in warm, soapy water. After a few minutes, scrub them gently using a soft-bristle brush or a toothbrush. Rinse thoroughly and let them air dry completely.
- Speaker Mesh Cleaning: Dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol and carefully clean the speaker mesh, ensuring you remove any wax or debris. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Use a soft, dry microfiber cloth to wipe down the main body of the AirPods Pro. Pay extra attention to sensors and charging ports, and be gentle in your approach.
- After all, components are dry, reattach the ear tips and speaker mesh to your AirPods Pro.
By following these simple steps, you can maintain the cleanliness of your AirPods Pro, ensuring that they not only look great but also continue to provide you with an exceptional listening experience.
Regular cleaning will help you avoid any sound quality issues caused by dirt or debris buildup, allowing you to enjoy your music, podcasts, and calls with absolute clarity.
FAQs – How to clean your AirPods Pro?
How do you clean earwax off AirPods?
To clean earwax off your AirPods, follow these steps:
- Remove Ear Tips: Carefully remove the ear tips from your AirPods Pro.
- Use a Soft Brush: Gently brush away loose earwax with a soft-bristle brush or a toothbrush.
- Cotton Swab and Isopropyl Alcohol: Dip a cotton swab in isopropyl alcohol (70% or lower) and carefully clean the speaker mesh and other affected areas. Be gentle to avoid pushing wax further into the device.
- Dry Thoroughly: Allow your AirPods Pro and ear tips to dry completely before reassembling them.
How often should I clean my AirPod Pros?
Cleaning your AirPods Pro regularly is essential to maintain sound quality and hygiene. Aim to clean them at least once a month, or more frequently if you notice a buildup of dirt or earwax.
Is it OK to shower with AirPod Pros?
No, it is not recommended to shower with AirPods Pro. They are not designed to withstand prolonged exposure to moisture.
Excessive moisture can damage the internal components, impacting their functionality. It’s best to keep your AirPods Pro dry and avoid exposing them to water.
Can earwax damage AirPods?
Yes, earwax can potentially damage AirPods if not cleaned regularly. Earwax buildup on the speaker mesh can muffle sound and affect audio quality.
Additionally, if earwax enters the internal components of the AirPods, it may cause more significant damage.
Regular cleaning and proper maintenance can prevent such issues and ensure your AirPods continue to function optimally
In conclusion, knowing how to clean your AirPods Pro is an essential skill for any owner.
Regular maintenance not only ensures that your AirPods Pro look pristine but also guarantees that they continue to provide you with the high-quality audio experience you love.
By following the straightforward steps outlined in this guide, you can effectively remove dirt, grime, and earwax, thus preventing any decline in sound quality or discomfort during use.
So, don’t wait – put these cleaning instructions into action, and you’ll ensure that your AirPods Pro remains both visually appealing and sonically impressive.